Monday, July 14, 2008

Peer Pressure


All those after school movies were so right: peer pressure is real! After a couple of months of reading friends' blogs and being told that we need to stop procrastinating and just build one....here we are! I can't promise that this blog will be updated very often, but we'll try!!

The summer is going so fast. It's a blur, much like our life...not as bad as the old man with the goat, though. (The boys will get that one) Oliver will be 2 in September! I will be working part time from home starting on August 4th (Yippee!) And Alex will finally get benefits from his job on August 1st (it's like he's a real employee or something!)

I'm excited to stay home with Oliver and to have more time for the fun stuff in life: laundry, cleaning the house, bills, etc. But seriously, I will be so glad that I can focus on those things more so that I don't feel stressed all the time when I actually get to spend time with my family. Being a working mom is tough!!! Well, actually just being a mom is tough! I never thought that I would find any type of guilt that is more powerful than Catholic guilt....but Mommy guilt trumps them all!

But, having a child is the most wonderful, rewarding, stressful, painful thing that you can do (I know that there are some contradictions in there, but it's true)! I will try to put up some recent pictures of the family, so everyone can marvel at our handsomeness! (Is that a word? I think so...)

Love to all!

9 comments:

the Eggett's said...

Yeah! I am so glad that you guys got on the bandwagon! Now we can see what you are up to! :)

Candice@The Fellas and I said...

It's about damn time. So excited you joined the blogging world. Don't forget to post about your liberal views so Keith can have someone to take out his frustrations on.

cupcake_ninja said...

Welcome to the dark side. :) Now you have to keep up with it and update it. :)

Kristy said...

Yes! I'm so glad you're blogging. And congrats on getting to be home more! Now we can play during the day. But I have bad news: mommy guilt is there (at least for me) no matter what. Sigh.

Kristy said...

Hey will you send me your email address? I want to send you an invite to Jared's graduation party. I'm at kristyarobinson@gmail.com

Sano Family said...

Beth here. I love this blogging craze, it lets me see pictures of your cute little one. The Utah Sanos would love to meet Mr. Oliver some day. Please stop by when you are in town. Our best to your fam.

Charity Smith said...

Yes! I knew you would eventually post your cute Ollie pictures.

Cruze Family said...

You finally did it- we have been waiting for you to join in on the blogging. Rachel you will love being home with Ollie more, he is such a cutie. We are so excited to see you in August, i hope you are still going.

Candice@The Fellas and I said...

just so you know, you have to post on a regular basis. I grow weary of this blog already. POST damn you. POST!