I have had many friends ask me if I enjoy staying at home with Oliver over working full time. The answer to that question is a resounding yes!! I know it's only my third week home with him, but I have had such a grateful feeling all day long. We went out and ran some errands this morning followed by a trip to the park. As Ollie was making his way to the slide for about the tenth time, he looked up at me with this look of complete happiness and I almost cried.
I am so completely grateful that we have been blessed with this wonderful child and that I have the opportunity to watch him grow all day, every day! I get to play with him, teach him new things, read to him, take him new places, etc. What a blessing!! And I know that there will be tough days when he throws tantrums, when I feel overwhelmed all day, maybe even get bored sometimes...but to know that this is exactly where God wants me to be...wow, just wow. It's an awesome feeling!!
I have been feeling very emotional about this all day and then I went and read my favorite blogs and came across this entry. It really blew me away. She writes exactly what I am feeling (but in a much more articulate, beautiful way.) Enjoy!
http://www.conversiondiary.com/
6 years ago
6 comments:
So awesome, Rachel. What a great reminder of the blessing of full-time mommyhood!
I've been thinking about you lately and wondering how things were going, especially after the seizure scare. I'm SO happy to read that things are going well and you're enjoying SAHMommyhood. It definitely does get crazy and hectic, but if you can find just a split second in your day to breathe and relish the fact that you have your lil guy with you, under the absolute best care he can ever have, and you're there to experience everything with him, it's fills the heart.
Call if you ever want some extra company or just someone to run Ollie for you while you sit on your butt. :) In fact, I was going to con you into joining us for Croc Rock. :)
You are so awesome! What you said really made me thankful for the great chance I have to stay home with my two kids. I should be more diligent in looking at the positive things instead of the little frustrating things............ you are fabulous, thank you! Lets get the kids together soon.
What a great post. That is such a good reminder to me, of how I really need to take advantage of this time of being home with my kids. Thanks!
I'm very happy for you. It is a wonderful feeling isn't it? I wouldn't trade it for the world!
Rach! Why do you do this to me? :-) I cried reading your post. I am so happy for you and for Ollie because you are right - there is no better place for him and God has really given you a wonderful son. I love, love, love being a stay at home mommy and I wouldn't trade a minute of it for a more exciting day. This is what it is all about!
Post a Comment