We went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo on Saturday with the Stevens. The weather was perfect and the zoo was so much fun (except for the presence of holes in the sidewalk...more on that later!)
We got up there at about 1:30pm and stayed until they kicked us out at 4pm. This zoo is awesome!! It is actually on a mountain in Colorado Springs, so some of the animals are in their natural habitat (not counting the walls and fences.) Good thing there were fences because Jetta would have been the dinner for a mountain lion, yikes! I'll let Melissa tell that story on her blog.
It was so fun! We got to feed giraffes, see a bear up close in the water and many, many more fun things! I'm so glad that we finally made a trip down there.
The only bad part was that Alex rolled his ankle when he stepped in a hole in the sidewalk...poor guy!
Here are some fun pictures (please note: it is almost impossible to get these kids to sit still long enough to take a picture with our camera). :)


This giraffe flapped his ear on Ollie..right as I was taking the picture!

Crashing a birthday party on the train (oops)




4 comments:
Looks fun! I wish we would have known about it when we lived there! Ollie is sch a cute guy!
I have taken Steven there and he loved it. Feeding the giraffes, a nice hike, close ups of the animals... I LOVE that zoo! So much better than Denver. Too bad the drive is much longer. It looks like you all had fun.
That place looks like a lot of fun!! Poor Alex and his ankle. That bear is kind of freaking me out though. I'm not a big fan of bears and you are pretty close to that one!
Fun zoo day, I love going to the zoo I think it is my second favorite outing with kids(only beach/lake is better)! I love the picture with Ollie on Alex's shoulders I can only imagine what is so interesting over there. Hope that was before the ankle.
Post a Comment