I read this article recently and it inspired me to create my own happiness commandments. A list of key words and phrases that help me remember what gives me joy. As the author comments, it can take months to come up with a final list...so here is the start to mine. I would love to hear some feedback on the start of my list and if you have made or thought about making a happiness commandment list.
1. Unplugged
(I need to be better at unplugging the computer, tv, radio...basically all distractions so that I can focus on what is important.)
2. Be the best me
(I have a terrible habit of comparing myself to others constantly. I wish I could be more artistic or a better writer or a better seamstress, etc.)
3. Perfection is a myth
(This is related to number 2 above. Sometimes I think that so many other women are the perfect mothers or the perfect wives, but the more I talk to other mothers and wives the more I realize that perfection is definitely a myth. No one is perfect!! And in fact, most do the exact same thing!)
6 years ago
2 comments:
In relation to #'s 2 &3 while you are comparing your self to other moms those moms are comparing themselves to you asking why they can't be more like Rachel!
Rachel, I have to agree with your post for #2 and #3. I can't help it, but I am always comparing myself to other moms... especially the ones who seem to have the perfect lives/kids/schedules/etc. I have to remind myself that we all have strengths (and flaws). You are an awesome mother!
Post a Comment