There's not much that I miss about going to an office and working full time, but having a set (predictable) schedule is one of them. I had my nice planner and I would get to work in the morning, turn on my computer and fill out the schedule for the day (in quiet.) Staying at home with a 2.5 year old doesn't afford the same luxury. Below I have listed my old work schedule...
7:30am: Wake up, get ready and leave for work
8:30am: Get into the office, check schedule for the day, fill out to dos
8:45am: Check emails, return phone calls
9:15am - 12pm: Work (sometimes meetings scheduled as well)
12pm: Lunch by myself or with a friend
12:30pm - 5pm: Work (sometimes meetings)
5pm - 5:45pm: Drive home
Now, here is a typical schedule at home (never predictable)...
7:30am: Woken up by little hands squeezing my face, saying: "breakfast mommy- nanna, cereal and nilk."
9am: Trying to get little one dressed, which usually involves crying, threatening and begging
9:30am: Trying to plan a fun activity (park, zoo, museum, storytime, etc.) Usually a tantrum erupts trying to get little one into the car
10am: Fun activity (i.e. getting dirty, running around crazy, more tantrums)
11:30am: Lunch (not quiet and very messy)
1pm: Naptime (not for me by the way) (more tantrums, begging, threatening)
Ahhhh...peace and quiet, which means that I have to do work on the computer or try to clean my house.
Unless the nap is refused and then Mommy sits on the couch crying.
4pm: Play games, watch Diego or George or Elmo or Dora or whatever
5:30pm: Try to make dinner (little one hanging on me, climbing on chairs or counters)
6:20pm: Daddy gets home. Finally.
So, yeah....which one is easier to plan, quieter and more productive? Now why did I decide to stay home?
Just kidding. Maybe.
6 years ago
3 comments:
I absolutely love the visual of you sitting the in couch crying if Ollie does not take a nap. I can so relate to that!!! You make me laugh!!!
I haven't had the work experience to compare, but I can imagine! Yeah, we definitely don't do for all fun and games. And to think some people think mothering is boring, easy, or lame. Ha!
Ha ha! I can definitely relate. Only you need to add 8pm - 10pm: Desperately try to get 8 hours of work done.
:)
Post a Comment